Vafa Shelter >> Happy Ending Stories >> Tobi ( Optimus )
Tobi ( Optimus )

Adopted by Mazloomi Family - Jan 1, 2012 - Vancouver, Canada


I was about 4-weeks old when I was dropped off at the shelter.  A very kind family (Khachatourians) offered to foster me while I get vaccinated. Within a few days of my arrival at their home, I was sick with Parvo. OptimusHE1

Parvo is pretty common in puppies who have not been vaccinated in time, and they usually have a 50/50 chance of survival.  They took such good care of me, and with help of their vet, I gained my health within 2 weeks and I turned in to that happy playful puppy. I got to spend 2 months with them, until a kind family who live canada saw my picture and contacted Vafa team to adopt me...and before long, they came to Iran and took me with them!  ...and here's how the rest of the story was told by my new family:


Optimus Prime (then Tobi) happy beginning story.I don't remember much from when I was younger. I was separated from my mom and my other siblings at a very young age. Born on streets of Iran, my life was not easy. I remember that a very nice person took me to Vafa Animal shelter. From there, I was put into foster care with a wonderful family who took great care of me while I recovered from my life on the streets. I remember when one day in October my foster parents were taking pictures and videos of me playing (I showed off my cutest face). I didn't know at the time, but those pictures and videos were being put online for someone to adopt me. A short while after, a family from Canada started to become interested in adopting me.


They came to visit me in december in my foster home in Iran. In the 3 weeks that they were there, they visited me 2 times and showered me with gifts, love and TREATS! They even brought this big rectangular box. I didn't know it at the time, but that was the kennel that I had to travel back to Canada in. The night that they were leaving, I was taken to the airport to meet up with them. The next thing I knew, I was onto a new life. When I arrived in the airport at Canada, everything was new. As soon as we got to my new home, my new sister took me out on what was called a walk. I had no idea what it was for, because in Iran I usually went to the bathroom in the back yard.


At first, I could not walk up and down the stairs. Everything and everyone terrified me. Everything was so new and foreign to me. It has been a month that I have been living with my forever family. They have been patient with me and have signed me up for obedience classes and daycare to socialize with other dogs. I get lots of treats, playtime and walks. But most of all, I get so much sleep that I snore every night. My new life is going great! I am almost five months old, and this is truly a happy beginning.


 -- Tobi (now Optimus) 

Optimus Prime (avant Tobi) Histoire de ma nouvelle vie.Je ne me souviens pas trop de ma jeunesse. J'etais separe de ma mere et mesfreres et soeurs a un jeune age. J'etais ne dans les rues de l'Iran et ma vie n'a pas etais facile. Je me souviens que quelqu'un de tres gentil m'a pris a Vafah animal shelter. De la, j'etais mis dans une maison temporaire avec une famille merveilleuse qui ont bien pris soins de moi. Je me souviens qu'un jour en Octobre, ma famille temporaire prenait des photos de moi entrain de jouer (j'essayais d'etre le plus mignon possible. Je ne savais pas ca a l'epoque, mais ces photos etais mis enligne pour que quelqu'un m'adopte. Un petit bou de temps apres, une famille du Canada se sont interesse a moi.


Ils sont venume rendre visite pendant leurs voyage en Iran. Pendant les trois semaines qu'ils etais la, ils sont venus me voir 2 fois. Ils m'ont apporter plein de cadeau et c'etait le coup de foudre. Ils m'ont aussi apporter une sorte de boite, je en le savais pas mais ca c'etait ou j'etais pendant mon voyage vers le Canada. Le soir ou ils partaient, j'etais a l'aeroport pour aller avec eux. J'etais en route pour ma nouvelle vie. Une fois que nous sommes arrivait au Canada, on est aller dans ma nouvelle maison ou je suis toute suite aller prendre une marche avec ma nouvelle soeur.


Je savais pas comment montait des escaliers et tout ce que je voyais me faisait peur. Ca fait 1 mois que j'habite avec ma famille permanent. Ils sont patient avec moi et m'ont inscris pour des cours de comportements et pour aller dans une garderie avec d'autres chiens. Je recois pleins de friandise, de temps pour jouer et aussi plein de temps pour marcher dehors.Je dors aussi tellement que chaque nuit je ronfle. Ma nouvelle ville est fantastique! J'ai presque 5 mois et ma nouvelle vie est vraiment joyeux.